Enjoy A Whiter, Brighter Smile With Teeth Whitening In Glendale
Teeth whitening may increase the gleam of natural teeth, but it is not always suitable, depending on your oral health needs. Before taking action, consult with your dentist in Glendale first, especially if you have:
- Teeth that are discolored or sensitive
- Potential tooth decay or white spots
- Gum infections
- Any dental work involving the front teeth including a bridge, or crown
Whitened teeth usually last between four and twelve months, depending on the type of treatment and how often you consume stains-prone foods and beverages like dark berries, coffee, and tea.
To keep your teeth as white as possible (with or without teeth whitening), practice good oral hygiene.
When you visit SC Dentistry at Arrowhead for your teeth whitening consultation, our dentist will inform you if you are a candidate for tooth whitening right away or if you have oral health needs that should be taken care of first.
Dentist-supervised GLO teeth whitening
Dentist-supervised treatments produce more predictable results than options not available from your dentist. Our office uses GLO teeth whitening gel kits.
Two types of treatment are available:
- In-office treatments typically whiten teeth by five to ten shades.
- Dentist-dispensed take-home kits with a higher concentration of whitening agent that is suited to your individual needs.
After a detailed examination of your teeth, gums, and surrounding structures, your dentist in Glendale will let you know whether tooth whitening is the best option for your smile. Once you have decided together what treatment is best for your needs, you can begin!
Take-home teeth whitening
- First, we will make custom-made trays that specifically contour to your teeth to ensure the best results. The process starts by taking impressions of both your upper and lower teeth with our iTero digital scanner.
- These impressions are sent to a lab where your custom-fit trays are made.
- When your trays are ready, we’ll schedule an appointment for you to come in to pick them up and get one-to-one instructions. We’ll also record the shade of your teeth so we can compare their before-whitening color to their final whiteness after treatment is complete.
In-office teeth whitening
- Preparing your mouth so that only your teeth are exposed (this includes a thin layer of lip care)
- Applying an effective tooth whitening gel (Dentist and FDA-approved)
- Spending 8 minutes with the LED light and mouthpiece to allow the gel to penetrate and whiten teeth
- Relax while you wait for the whitening to take effect
- Reapply the gel and light treatment.
GLO has been clinically proven to provide fast, visible results without sensitivity. It uses professional elements of heat and blue LED light to provide teeth up to 5x whiter.
Want to know more? Contact our team today for a no-obligation consultation.