Dental Implants Can Help You Love Your Smile Again
Dental implants are the best long-term option for replacing a lost tooth and are durable and last a long time. Dental implants are often thought to be one of the most technologically advanced dental treatments, providing a more permanent solution with a natural look and feel than other forms of tooth replacement like dentures or a dental bridge.
They are the closest thing to a natural tooth that science has offered the world of dentistry so far. Dental implants in Glendale can fix your smile no matter the reason you lost your tooth, whether it was due to trauma, gum disease, or tooth decay. We offer no-obligation consultations to help you determine if dental implants are right for you.
Treatment at the SC Dentistry at Arrowhead
Getting a dental implant in Glendale can be accomplished in just a few visits to our office.
- Digital in-house CBCT scan of your mouth and jaw structure, including your bone health, to ensure you have enough healthy bone to place an implant. For some people, a bone graft may be necessary before we can proceed.
- The dental implant post (similar to a natural tooth root) is placed into your jawbone using the predictable modeling created by your digital CBCT scan
- 3-6 months to heal - the bone will re-form and stabilize, and the gums will heal over the implant during this time.
- Set abutment - once the bone is healed, the abutment is placed on top of it.
- Crown restoration - the permanent crown is cemented to the abutment and double checked for bite compatibility.
What are the next steps involved?
Dental implants do not require anchoring to other teeth, making them more beneficial than traditional bridges. After the implant has healed, it can be cleaned and treated as if it were a regular tooth. A healthy mouth and bone structure are essential if dental implants are to be successful.
For a personal consultation to discuss your tooth replacement needs, contact our office. Our friendly team would love to help you smile with confidence.